Mariposa Institute offers a place to change, to grow and to learn. Our facilities provide country-style simplicity in a wholesome rustic setting on 115 acres of woodlands in the heart of Mendocino County. It is just a 15 minute drive west of the lovely city of Ukiah. To register for upcoming retreats and workshops, go to our Events page and check our Calendar.
The main school house and surrounding facilities are available for overnight retreats and day use. Under most circumstances 40 people would be a comfortable limit for day use, but with creativity and openness we can accommodate larger numbers. For overnight use our dorms can sleep up to 20 people. In addition, there is a camping area available in the meadow and by the creek. There may be a low-income sliding scale rate available to groups that fit our mission statement, contact us for more info. There is a cook available on request.
Our current rates include use of the yurt, wood-shop, classroom, kitchen, dormitory bathrooms & showers, floodplain, and meadow:
• 2 hours of use: $5 per person
• Day use: $15 per person
• Overnight (includes day use): $25 per person
To request a reservation, check our availability calendar and please fill out the information on the reservation sidebar located to the right —>
Reservation and Deposit Info:
- To reserve our facilities for a day use event we require a $25 deposit.
- For overnight retreats we require a non-refundable $50 deposit within 2 weeks of making the reservation.
- For 10-25 people there is a $200 deposit required within 4 weeks of making the reservation.
- For 25+ people there is a $500 deposit required within 4 weeks of making the reservation.
- We also require you to provide proof of Liability Insurance prior to holding your event.
Cancellation and Refund Info:
- If a party cancels 4 weeks or more in advance of the event the full amount of their deposit will be refunded, less the $50 booking fee.
- If a party cancels less than four weeks before the event, 50% of the total deposit is refunded, less the $50.00 booking fee.
- If a party cancels 1 week or less before an event, all deposits are forfeited and may be liable for additional expenses that have incurred (for example, purchasing of food and other supplies).
- Contact us for full deposit & rate information.